The Fault in our Stars by John Green

6/02/2014

I just finished rereading TFIOS today. I first read it early last year.

Obviously I reread it because I'm hoping to watch the movie this coming weekend with a friend. I just wanted to refresh and remember what exactly happened in the book so I can compare what will happen in the movie, if it really did stay true to the book. But I really have high hopes for this movie and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it could give me the same feels as how the book did.

I didn't cry the first time I read the book, because it felt wrong to cry for Gus and Hazel and their short-lived love story. I still didn't the second time around, but it did make me a little teary-eyed. I don't understand. I love these characters especially Gus, why don't I feel sad for them? Like I said before, it felt like an intrusion, like I had no right, like I would be like those people writing their condolences in Gus's wall.. and I know that's stupid, but yeah that's how I feel. If anything, I am happy for their characters.

Only a few are lucky to meet their soul mate and Gus and Hazel found that with each other. They are the lucky ones. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community