Sprinkle with Murder by Jenn McKinley

11/20/2014

Suni
Melanie Cooper and Angie DeLaura are finally living out their dream as the proud owners of the Fairy Tale Cupcakes bakery. Their first big order comes courtesy of their partner and best friend, Tate Harper, who’s getting married. Tate and his fashion designer fiancé want 500 cupcakes for the wedding. The only problem is Mel and Angie can’t stand the demands of this bridezilla who insists on original recipes for the cupcakes and complete ownership of their creations.

When Mel stumbles upon the bride-to-be dead-by-cupcake, she immediately becomes the prime suspect. The police believe that a secret ingredient in the cupcakes may have caused her death. To save Mel and their business, the ladies need to find the real murderer, before the cupcake killer ices someone else…








I remember wanting to read these series so bad but couldn’t find a copy of it anywhere. I think this was the time when I was obsessed with cupcakes. I still love cupcakes though! So was the book everything I hoped for? Not really. I usually never have expectations when I read a book. I try not to learn anything about it if it’s in my To Read List. I try to keep an open mind. So was I disappointed? Sort of. Disappointed, because it’s a mystery, right? Mysteries should give you thrill and excitement and should be so entrancing that it keeps you turning the pages to know what’s gonna happen next. This is only my opinion. I was a big mystery reader in my earlier highschool days. I still remember how it felt reading those mysteries. I forgot the titles and they weren’t really popular mysteries at that. I remember finishing a book in less than two days! With homework and school and all, because it was the way those books got my attention in solving the mystery myself, whether my hunches were correct. But in Sprinkle with Murder, it didn’t make me want to participate in the mystery. It really was lacking some excitement and thrill.

I liked reading about the friendship of Melanie, Tate and Angie though. Their banters seemed a lot of fun, if only I could relate. But alas classic movies are not really anything I know many about. Oh now I know what was wrong! I couldn’t really relate to it. As hard as I tried, I guess this book just didn’t spoke to me. So I may not be reading the other books in the cupcake bakery mystery anytime soon.

Oh yeah! I loved reading about the DeLaura boys! Only a few brothers showed up and it was already a riot. So another thing I guess that made this book a not so captivating one – I was fonder of the comic reliefs than the main characters.

2 stars.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community