What Makes me Fly

1/16/2015

A throwback of my first post on my first book blog from two years ago.

7.17.12

So I have been reading  a lot of popular modern books lately. Specifically teen fiction.

I started reading the Harry Potter books since high school. Read the first book, "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" in 2002, ten years now. Wow, that seems so long ago! And I finished the seventh book in I think 2008 or 2009? Ofcourse, like any other mudblood, I adored the story. It's very dear to me. It was part of my teenage, angst-ridden life. I'm gonna keep it as simple as that.

Besides the Harry Potter series I read tons of titles. Not really tons, I think it would be measly compared to other bookworms. You see, I'm a slow reader. I thought in time I would improve. I still read very slowly now. *shrugs* I have read Sidney Sheldon- not all of his titles but some of his best sellers. If you ask me to summarize one story from the books I read, I couldn't for I can't remember anymore. Maybe because mostly of them had cruel plots. Yes, I'm all about rainbows and butterflies. Really, everything is so vague. One day, I'll try to read 'em again. Maybe I'll remember. 'cause I don't think you ever forget a good story. Maybe it just resting there deep in my subconscious. Danielle Steel as well. Boy, her books are good tear jerkers. I read "Star" and vowed to read anything from her ever again. I just can't handle deep drama. I get so distress, I would carry that for weeks!

My favorite publishing house is the Harlequin- I prefer the Historical and my favorite the Tyler series. Every weekend I would stay in surplus bookstores scouting for Tyler books. I'm proud to say that all that lurking and standing in those little bookstores paid-off. I have ten out of the twelve books. I'm missing Milky Way and Bachelor's Puzzle. Hoping I can still find 'em! (I don't know how to buy on the internet!) And from my favorite author, Olivia Goldsmith! I LOVE ALL her books! Especially First Wive's Club. It's so delicious! The humor that she puts on her book, I just agree to all of them. I go gaga over her.

For some years leisure reading has been halted. Except for when I have to for school, because I'm an English major student and we all have literature of all types which I love so much and I miss heart-achingly! Glad to say that before 2010 ended my leisure reading has been right on track. Currently I have read all books from the Artemis Fowl series and Percy Jackson series including Heroes of Olympus. Waiting for upcoming books of these series! *excited* And what really, really got me right back on track was The Hunger Games series. It's just so damn human. You feel it. It sinks deep beneath the recesses of your body and makes you tingle all over. It's that kind of effect.

Currently I'm reading a series from a different genre. This is kind of hot right now... Ofcourse, it's Fifty Shades of Grey series. I'm now on the second book, Fifty Shades Darker. I just love how it reminds me of the local pocketbooks that me and my friends used tor read. Well, I'm not the only one who agrees to this, my friends do too because I recommended it to them and they even finished the series before I did! Slow reader *sigh.

Looking forward to read the series by R. R. Martin, Game of Thrones etc.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community