It’s Not Summer without You by Jenny Han

5/21/2015


It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han 





Last year, all of Belly's dreams came true and the thought of missing a summer in Cousins Beach was inconceivable. But like the rise and fall of the ocean tide, things can change--  just like that. Suddenly the time she's always looked forward to most is something she dreads. And when Jeremiah calls to say Conrad has disappeared, Belly must decide how she will spend this summer: chasing after the boy she loves, or finally letting him go.  








Thoughts
Susannah's gone and they are all mourning… Well I don't know about Steven because he became a cameo act on this book, which is unfair. But I wouldn't know if his participation would make the book any better. I didn't even feel guilty skipping pages.

Talking about death in the family, I didn't feel so much emotion, to be honest. Just teenage selfishness as usual, and angst, somewhat. Okay so maybe, I might have liked Jere here, because I'm notorious in always rooting for the underdog, which he shouldn't be, because compared to Conrad, the jerk, Jere is pretty decent.

Ugh. Belly should start loving herself more than Conrad. Seriously. Her love story has been a big, fat tragedy and I just want to put her off her misery. Why do girls always fall for jerks? AND why'd she had to go kissing Jere back?! That's so effed up. Have some pride, little girl!

I really, really want to love this series but I can't help roll my eyes! It's not just that the characters are unbearable, but the plot could have been told beautifully in another way, there's so much potential in it, but I really want more.

The epilogue got me intrigued, so I guess I'll be reading "We'll Always Have Summer." So I'm guessing it's gonna be the "epic battle" between two brothers for one girl. Ugh.

Rating
2.5 stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community