Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han

5/19/2017

Image result for Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han

Plot:

Lara Jean's letter-writing days aren't over in this surprise follow-up to the New York Times bestselling To All the Boys I've Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You.


Lara Jean is having the best senior year a girl could ever hope for. She is head over heels in love with her boyfriend, Peter; her dad's finally getting remarried to their next door neighbor, Ms. Rothschild; and Margot's coming home for the summer just in time for the wedding.

THOUGHTS:

I've always liked the realness of this series. It's cute-sy, teenagey and Lara Jean is too girly for my taste but I really appreciate how easy it is to read Lara Jean's story - its lightness. Feels like a breather every time. A load off from the feels and intensity that most books I read has.


Story-wise it is kind of generic. From fake to real, crush to love, from kids to becoming mature but nothing to be looked down upon as it has its own unique quality to it which makes the characters unforgettable.

Peter and Lara Jean makes me smile. Peter is definitely the ideal boyfriend, but not for me, I think. How I wish my realtionships when I was younger was as 'easy' as theirs. I'm not descrediting the things they've been through together but just that compared to their's mine was way complicated. Ugh. Makes me so glad every thing's in the past now!

I'm like a big sister satisfied and proud to see these younger kids hold their own even when big life decisions start pounding on them. I hope when high school kids read this, it inspires them and guide them for the better.

I'm going to miss Lara Jean and Peter K., especially Kitty!

Rating:
4 stars

Quotes:

"Peter will love Lara Jean with all his heart, always."


But then I think, no, I wouldn't give up twelve, thirteen, sixteen, seventeen with Peter for the world.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community