To All the Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han

11/05/2014

Suni

LARA JEAN keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her, these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved.

When she writes, she can pour out her heart and soul and say all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only.

Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control.






Yay for Asian characters! The author, Jenny Han, just went to my country, and I have been seeing some things on the internet about her works, I was still preoccupied with other books and I have perfectly no clue what her books are about.

I still have a long to read list, I forgot how I came upon this book. I seriously can’t remember although it was just a few days ago. Hahaha! So how was the story? Surprisingly, there weren’t so much kilig moments or things that happened in the story.

The concept is something new to me, but I really felt uninspired with it. I did love guessing who will she finally end up with? Josh or Peter? Sometimes I think, ‘yeah, it’s definitely Josh’ but then Peter’s character goes do something cute and you know they’re developing feelings, and you question you’re guess. I like that it wasn’t ALL predictable, but you kinda knew where it was heading.

So in the feels department? There wasn’t so much of feels. There weren’t any, actually. I LOLed like one time and I even forgot what part! Maybe because I think Lara Jean is dumb for getting a fake boyfriend. Being afraid of the real thing, I get that. But there’s just not that much feeling for it, you know?

Now, I’m actually confused what the story wanted to convey. Was true love really depicted in this story? Love for family, very big YES, but for that special someone? The lying, the rumors, pretensions; I guess this just isn’t really my thing.

I love Kitty, so 3 stars!

PS, there’s a sequel and a movie.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community