The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket

11/05/2014

Suni
Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire are intelligent children. They are charming, and resourceful, and have pleasant facial features. Unfortunately, they are exceptionally unlucky.

In the first two books alone, the three youngsters encounter a greedy and repulsive villain, itchy clothing, a disastrous fire, a plot to steal their fortune, a lumpy bed, a deadly serpent, a large brass reading lamp, a long knife, and a terrible odour.

In the tradition of great storytellers, from Dickens to Dahl, comes an exquisitely dark comedy that is both literary and irreverent, hilarious and deftly crafted. Never before has a tale of three likeable and unfortunate children been quite so enchanting, or quite so uproariously unhappy.







If I’m gonna say that this was a fun read then I’m sadistic. It is after all A Series of Unfortunate Events. I vaguely remembered what happened in the movie, because my favorite part of it was when they lived with Aunt Josephine, played by Meryl Streep.

It wasn’t quite a downer as the first book, and I don’t know why I think it. I guess because they were actually living with Count Olaf on the first one. While in The Reptile Room, they got to be happy, even for just a little bit.

Mr. Poe is gonna be the death of the Baudelaire Orphans. He’s so annoying, but I understand he means well. I also find it annoying that they keep giving definitions of a word. Some were funny, some dragged me off course in my reading, that’s why I got so annoyed. What? I get distracted easily!
 
Well this book didn’t peak my interest to move on with The Wide Window, but I want to read it because it’s the best part in the movie. I wonder what part in the series they start mentioning the mysterious organization, VFD? I don’t want to google it and spoil my chances of wanting to finish the series out of curiosity.

This is my first 2 stars!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community