Scarlet by Marissa Meyers

2/26/2015


Suni






Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.
Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.
As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.


Thoughts


Previously, I've written that I was curious how Cinder planned and put into action her prison break in the Commonwealth jail. Yay ‘cause I sure got that and more. With the help of Carswell Thorne, Captain Carswell Thorne, that is. I love his character! He and Cinder have great chemistry together. You know what, I just realize this now, I don’t know if this is my hang ups with The Legend of Korra or something, but I certainly do visualize Emperor Kai as Mako, and now remembering Thorne’s humor, he kind of reminds me of Bolin… and that led me to Cinder as Korra! I guess I just really miss watching those guys. *sigh But not far out, right?

Anyway, I think I may have developed a little crush on Wolf. He is awesome! But he broke my heart when he led Scarlet to his pack, but then I fell inlove when he kissed Scarlet in her prison to give her that chip through his mouth! That was so sexy! Did I just say inlove?? Yeah well… Scarlet and Wolf have a great love story in this book. I like that everything happened fast and I also like the fact that Scarlet knows what she wants. She definitely knows she wants Wolf.

In Cinder, the letumosis was that one thing that made me cringed, and in Scarlet it was the attack of the Lunar Special Operatives on Earth. Seriously, it was so sick! Gives me chills remembering it.

And then they all meet. Cinder with Thorne saved Scarlet from Wolf. They escaped a thaumaturge and other LSOPs. I really thought Scarlet’s grandma would make it, and she and Cinder would have a talk and Cinder would have this enlightening moment and decide that she will get her crown from Levana by doing awesome things, and all that bad assery and stuff. The grandma was pretty bad ass too. But she died, just before wolf was coming to save them! I hate thos LSOPs! Except Wolf of course…
I usually favor stories that involve road trips and adventure. The four of them riding the Rampion and with Iko as its auto control system, trip around the space? Pure fun! I missed reading Iko’s witty lines, still by far my favorite character in the series!

Poor Kai, hang in there bud. Still waiting for you to bust outta that palace and go to Cinder! We all know you want to!

Rating:

4 stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community