The Whitechapel Fiend by Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson

5/13/2015

Suni

Jack the Ripper stalks through London, and only the Shadowhunters can stop him. One of ten adventures in Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy.

Simon learns the truth behind the Jack the Ripper murders—“Jack” was stopped by Will Herondale and his institute of Victorian Shadowhunters.
Thoughts

Yey! I had some decent LOLs in this short story. Really, Jace and Simon together are unstoppable!




It seems like a pattern that every character in the TMI series has to visit Simon in the Academy and I don’t mind that at all. First was ofcourse, Isabelle. Then Simon’s best friend Clary, but then Isabelle was also in “The Lost Herondale,” I think she has every right, being Simon’s girlfriend and all. In this episode we got to have Jace! It was like I needed this one. Totally took my worries away, well for the time being…

Anyway, I missed laughing out loud because of witty or silly lines from characters in a book. And the only characters that ever did it to me was Simon and Jace, and together, they’re just a riot. Oooh! Tessa is also here, as well as Jem! She was sharing about stories from the past, specifically about Jack the Ripper. And it was funny that Simon fell inlove with her for like 2 seconds because she knew what Simon was talking about! Oh I love Simon’s nerdy heart, his nerdy everything actually.

It’s nice to get a glimpse of what life is like for Shadowhunter families with kids. Everything is at risk and as a Shadowhunter you can’t be as careless or as reckless as when you didn’t have kids, because they need you alive and well to guide them and train them.

I hope we also get a chance to read about Jace and Clary with their kids, or Isabelle and Simon, if they ever get through this rough time, and I’m crossing my fingers that they would. Makes you think also of Magnus and Alec’s future… Will they adopt? Uhm, what happens when Alec gets old and Magnus will have to see him die? Tessa and Will for example, but clearly she’s happy and has accepted it a long time ago… and also it’s quite nice to get a second shot at love with Jem.


Rating
5 stars


Favorite Quotes


You are not falling. You are choosing to descend using the most direct means possible. You remain in control of your decent.

“So you just came here to torture me and talk about yourself?” Simon demanded.
“Oh, Simon, Simon, Simon,” said Jace. “You may not remember, but that’s kind of our thing.”

I believe in the importance of stories.


I absolutely love Simon's letter to Isabelle. I'm not ashamed to admit I cried in the last part.


Izzy—I don’t know why you would wait for me, but if you do, I promise to make myself worth that wait. Or I’ll try. I can promise I am going to try.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community