Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

11/09/2015

http://prodimage.images-bn.com/pimages/9781250049551_p0_v4_s192x300.jpg

Simon Snow is the worst Chosen One who's ever been chosen.
That's what his roommate, Baz, says. And Baz might be evil and a vampire and a complete git, but he's probably right.
Half the time, Simon can't even make his wand work, and the other half, he sets something on fire. His mentor's avoiding him, his girlfriend broke up with him, and there's a magic-eating monster running around wearing Simon's face. Baz would be having a field day with all this, if he were here—it's their last year at the Watford School of Magicks, and Simon's infuriating nemesis didn't even bother to show up.
Carry On is a ghost story, a love story, and a mystery. It has just as much kissing and talking as you'd expect from a Rainbow Rowell story — but far, far more monsters.

THOUGHTS

It literally pained my heart that I couldn't read this book upon its release –because school work. Enough said. So I had to pretend that it has not yet been released for a month! Thankfully nothing just popped out to spoil it.

Anyway, fans of Rainbow Rowell will be asking this question before reading Carry On: Will Rainbow be writing as Cath or Gemma T. Leslie? The answer is neither. Rainbow is writing as herself and goes on to say that, yes, it is canon!

As I'm typing this, my heart is racing as I am remembering scenes from the book. Be still my over-beating heart! Is there even such a term? Over-beating, honestly!

We loved it from Fangirl, so ofcourse we'll love it even more in its own story! The Simon Snow in Fangirl is quite different from the Simon of Carry On, which is more than alright for me. From the beginning till the end, I seriously, seriously loved everything about it! Cliches as magic spells? Brilliant! Watford? OMG! I'll probably name my future dog after it! Probably also Basilton!

I'm not making any sense, I know, but I can't seem to pull myself together regarding my thoughts about Carry On. My mind is here and there and I just don't know how to write it to show how much I love and adore this book so much! The adventures, the kisses, the hugs, the fatal verbal throw downs! Ohmaygahd I'm surprised I'm still alive!

My heart melts in every tender moments Baz and Simon share.
 
I feel like crying 'cause I know how this book means so much to me now.

Gah!! I promise, when my heart has calmed down, I will give you a great review!

RATING
ONE GAZILLION STARS!!!

FAVORITE QUOTES
I feel 15 again, like I'm going to give in if he gets too close-kiss him or bite him. The only reason I got through that year was that I couldn't decide which of those options would finally put me out of my misery.
Probably Snow himself would put me out of my misery if I tried either one.
Those were my fifth-year fantasies: kisses and blood and Snow ridding the world of me.

For a moment-not even a moment, a split second-I imagine him saying, "The truth is, I'm desperately attracted to you." And then I imagine myself spitting in his face. And then I imagine licking it off his cheek and kissing him. (Because I'm disturbed. Ask anyone.)

I know Simon and I will always be enemies.…
But I thought maybe we'd get to a point where we didn't want to be.

Snow sits back. His mouth is open-because no one ever taught him to close it. He pushes at his bottom lip with his tongue. I think about licking blood from it.

 … Again. I want to kiss him again.

Simon: I wish I knew what he was thinking.…
Baz: I don't know what I'm thinking.

"Because it doesn't matter. In the end, I just do what's expected of me. When the Humdrum comes after me, I fight him. When he sends dragons, I kill them. When you trick me into meeting a chimera, I go off. I don't get to choose or plan. I just take it as it comes. And someday, something will catch me unawares or be too big to fight, but I'll fight anyway. I'll fight until I can't anymore-what is there to think about?"

There's a mole on his cheek that I've wanted to kiss since I was 12. I do.

He lets his hand fall, and I catch it. Because I'm weak. Because I'm a constant disappointment to myself. Because he's standing right there with his tawny skin and his moles and his morning breath.

He held himself up on all fours above me and made me reach up for his mouth-and I did. I would again. I'd cross every line for him.
I'm in love with him.
And he likes this better than fighting.

"But you can have … this. If you want it."
I do.

Baz: What you are is a fucking tragedy, Simon Snow. You literally couldn't be a bigger mess.
Simon: And you like that?
Baz: I love it.
Simon: Why?
Baz: Because we match.
saska-ithiur:  As promised, here's  more of Baz & Simon :3 I'm  enjoying drawing them so much! even though I think I'll  remake this one when I'll  have more time, as the anathomy is totally wrong XD  Characters and quote from

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community