A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

7/28/2016

Plot:
Feyre survived Amarantha’s clutches to return to the Spring Court–but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can’t forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin’s people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms–and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future–and the future of a world cleaved in two.


 

Thoughts:


I can’t really remember the thoughts I had when I read ACOTAR, but that Rhysand has left a very good impression for me before the book even ended. Safe to say, I fell in love with Rhysand then and there. You know I like them bad boys.



Enough about Rhys (for now), since the last book I couldn’t wait to read ACOMAF just so I would get a glimpse of Feyre’s life as high fae. Boy was I disappointed. The first part of the book was so damn depressing! It really hit the feels. Tamlin and Feyre was so broken, and like they did themselves, I tried to convince myself that they will get through that and they will be okay. But the thing is, I felt the distance of the two, like wtf they’re supposed to be happy! Why are they not giving me happy?!





Then I realized that Tamlin was not the one for Feyre. He was an okay character in ACOTAR, and I had hopes that he would develop into something… well, something, in ACOMAF. He became a prick, that’s what he was. It was never really clear to me who Feyre would end up with, not until the moment Rhys crashed their wedding. He saved her. He has always saved her, even in that fvcked up tortured life they had Under the Mountain he had saved her while Tamlin did nothing, really.



I was really intrigued in ACOTAR how the bargain between Rhys and Feyre would play out. Seriously, I thought it was romantic in a sort of creepy way. And I am not glamorizing Stockholm syndrome here. It was a fascinating thought. And to have Feyre stay for good and even be part of Rhys Inner Circle? Sugoi (Amazing)!! She was meant to conquer worlds! That was what I saw her as in ACOTAR. I hated that Tamlin was limiting her. But now I realize hate is just an understatement. I really, really detest Tamlin. Usually I’d be kind enough to wish them happiness in other’s arms, but no, I just want Tamlin dead and gone.





I love that about 75% of the book is about the sexual tension between Rhys and Feyre. I keep gushing and feel like wailing, lest I forget I’m reading in the office, in all their adorable moments. Seriously, their love scenes are hot! Haven’t felt this way about a ship since SyDrian.


Love love love the new characters introduced! Rhys's Inner Circle is heart. Who doesn't love a bunch of rejects, but powerful one's at that, banding together to prove every motherfvcker that looks down on them wrong?!




Mor and Azriel


Cassian

Beautiful Amren!


I’m so glad I decided to read again. And now the waiting game begins.








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community