(May Contain SPOILERS) Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Thorne

8/02/2016

Plot:
The Eighth Story. Nineteen Years Later.

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.


Harry Potter Cursed Child Play.jpg

Thoughts:

It’s okay. I like it. But not so much. Thank you for giving us another story, but I guess I was just expecting too much. But of course it’s very different since it is in playwright and not in novel form, and not to take anything away from plays, there was just no magic as I read it. Teen angst – too much though.


And I guess fanfictions ruined this for me, as I wanted to read legit things about all the next generation kids and not just about Scorpius and Albus and their golden friendship that’s bordering on yaoi, gaddammit. But they did have fun characters - that was a joy to read.


Draco beats Harry in one thing – being a parent. Admittedly, they were both not doing great as fathers, but in fairness to Draco, he was heading to the right direction. There was a deep love for his son even in the alternate world, but with Harry it was as if he was trying for the sake of saying that he did try. Dumbledore couldn’t be any more right when he said Harry was blinded.


The only time I was so moved was when Professor McGonagall gave them all a good telling off for being the worst parents ever! Well, not really. Plus, I hate the fact that they made Ron so lost in his forties than when he was younger. Being made the comic relief and he runs the joke shop? Couldn’t you gave him a little more dignity?! Harry would be nothing without him! He was always very vital in every adventure! He would’ve been a great Auror! It really breaks my heart that he was reduced to such. I really, really hate it.


Looking forward to something was fun. It reminded me so much of that childhood. I dare not think that I have lost touch with magic and that the adult in me has prevailed. It was a little disappointing, but maybe when I read it again I’ll say something differently. It always ends up like that for me. Maybe when I purchase the physical book.


Rating:

3 stars, only because it’s a Harry Potter book.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community