A Court of Wings and Ruin (Court of Thorns and Roses Series #3) by Sarah J. Maas

5/17/2017

PLOT

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin’s maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.

As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

THOUGHTS

Ah, it has been far too long. Let’s get down to business.

Personally one of my most awaited books of this year and ever! Well, mainly because of Rhysand.
ACOMAF’s end was such a heartache. In I expect no less in this book. We are back again at Spring Court where most of it all began. I am so loving the Feyre here. She held up herself pretty well… to well in fact. She has definitely become a bidang-kontrabida in my eyes. Her scheming ways were such a delight that like maybe most of the readers, we failed to see the repercussions of tearing that court apart. The thing she did with Ianthe… that was really awful, but a well-deserved punishment from the High Lady of the Night Court. I just wonder, is Tamlin that blinded from love that he couldn’t really see through Feyre? I thought that it was too convenient.

Lucien though, I don’t know how to feel about him after ACOMAF, where he found a mate and to be separated from her abruptly… Obviously he knows something. He was smart enough not to snitch on Feyre at the risk of not seeing his mate, Elaine, ever again! I just love the reaction he had when Feyre killed those awful Hybern royalties. Their mini adventure was heart-stopping! I felt a little bad for Tamlin. He was left with nothing but a dysfunctional court.

Then we are introduced to Lucien’s brothers, and most importantly Eris who I knew the moment he showed up he was going to play a big role in this book. There is a mystery in his character that I can’t pinpoint. I feel that in the coming books there will be more of him and that just maybe he’s not such a bad guy? I’m kind of liking him as the story progressed. Am I weird?

Oh the rescue of Feyre and Lucien. I was nearly in tears as Cassian and Az showed up just in time. “Cassian’s look was world-ending” or something like that. I was breathless all through out. Where was Rhys?! Oh by the way, he’s almost always late in rescuing Feyre every time or is SJM just giving him grand entrances? Typical Rhys.

If the mini reunion between Feyre, Cassian and Az almost drove me to tears, ghad the grand reunion with Rhys was… I can’t even describe the feeling. Happy. Yes that was definitely a happy feeling, simply put. And then she meets her sisters that were all made Fae. I can only imagine what they’re both been through. I didn’t expect Nesta to be still that mean, though. Elaine was understandable.
I can’t help but feel that there are some restraints between Nesta and Cassian’s interaction. At war, when I think Nesta might be realizing something for Cassian, it’s still cut short by the ending. Theory time! I bet the next book is in their POV. Right?

Lucien meets his mate once again! Oh, worse than friendzoned, he was totally ignored! I feel for Lucien but I just can’t see them together. And then Az steps in. Dang, boy! His gentleness with Elaine ooooh I just know something’s up. #AzLaine is real for me. Lucien, I like you but…
I just can’t get a breather with this book. There’s just a lot of things happening all at once! Even I get stressed out about their problems at hand! Especially all those heavy decisions to be made. Ugh. Thank lawd I’m no High Lady! LOL!

Meeting all the High Lords, if I were to pick a favorite, probably Helion. I think he’s cool. Anyways, the meeting was very tense, indeed. Think Rhys is the only guy to make a great entrance? Tamlin shows up even though they think he’s on Hybern’s side. Ghad I felt like not reading on because I know there’ll be so much drama, and I was right. Cringed in most of this part.

And so the war. Obviously they were going to win. But how? Every injury was a heart break! I hate when they make sacrifices. Ugh, can we move on already?! The most moving bit for me was Rhys’s thank you speech to the gang for being his family. Ghad, I almost sobbed in the office. I read lots of people was crying over the Suriel, I didn’t but it doesn’t make its death less sad. How cool that they have three monsters fighting on their side? You’d think that was it, they are finally going to win. But no! Hybern still has the upper hand. Better late than never, is the belief of Drakon and Miryam. And surprise surprise! There’s daddy! Only to be killed off by the king of Hybern? What is that?! I find it unfair that everyone lived except for him. And Rhys dead? Surely not? He is the hero after all. I mean, that could have been a possible end, not okay but possible. Every one surviving this war was very unrealistic. Come on! This was a bloody, vicious war.

Long story short, I find the ending lame. It was just too easy, too convenient. Understandably an opening for the next books.

Rating:

4.5 stars

Fave quotes:

“Never again.”

“I will find you again in the next world—the next life. And we will have that time. I promise.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community