Review - Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare

11/24/2017

Lord of Shadows



Plot:

Emma Carstairs has finally avenged her parents. She thought she'd be at peace. But she is anything but calm. Torn between her desire for her parabatai Julian and her desire to protect him from the brutal consequences of parabatai relationships, she has begun dating his brother, Mark. But Mark has spent the past five years trapped in Faerie; can he ever truly be a Shadowhunter again?

And the faerie courts are not silent. The Unseelie King is tired of the Cold Peace, and will no longer concede to the Shadowhunters' demands. Caught between the demands of faerie and the laws of the Clave, Emma, Julian, and Mark must find a way to come together to defend everything they hold dear—before it's too late.

Thoughts:
This one took me so long to finish. Ugh. I love you, Cassie, but this book just didn't got me engrossed unlike your other books. Reading the Infernal Devices was more enjoyable than this and I thought the characters were a little boring, especially coming from reading the whole Mortal Instruments series where all the characters were amazing and the story so well developed and fast paced.

Maybe because I'm being biased about the characters? I'm really not feeling Emma and Julian, to be honest. I can't stop comparing them the Jace or Simon or Clary. The other Blackthorn kids are way  more exciting and fun to read than the them, the main characters. Also the tension between them are driving me nuts. It's not a fun read at all! I just wanna skip all those parts!

Other relationships:
Emma and Mark - Like seriously, how dense is Julian? The most dumbest decision Emma has ever done.
Mark and Kieran - Now there's a pair. My heart went out to Kieran. Losing his memories and still thinking that he and Mark are still together and all the while there's a big wound aching in Mark's heart. Poor baby, so innocent of all the lies he thought were real... I wanna hug him!
Mark and Cristina - I want them together too. No actually I want the three of them all together. I don't know. I feel like they all fit. Like they could all be good for each other. They most definitely know each other's hearts and they have an understanding. What's gonna happen to them? I can't wait to find out! No more heartaches for Cristina please.
Gwyn and Diana - What the heck I can't wait for further development of this couple! Gwyn is definitely my main man. I love him to bits!!
Kit and Ty - Yes I do believe they are a couple. I'm really treading gently around them because I don't want to have to invest a lot of feels for both of them because I can definitely see a big heartache on the way. Both characters have really developed a lot since the past book. They are really becoming the type of shadowhunter that I am familiar with. Snooping around, getting themselves in trouble, no consent and no apologies, absolute rule breakers!

There were also more to read about the other Blackthorn kids. Readers are starting to really get to know them individually and what they are capable of. I also love reading about the Jace, Clary, Magnus and Alex. I miss them so much. I wanted to reread all of TMI but my TBR pile is crying. Hahaha!

So there's an audiobook and it's read by James Marsters, and I think I need that in my life. Waaaah!

Rating:
4 stars

Quotes:

"I cannot hear my heart or what it tells me. I can only hear the wind."

Neither Fair Folk nor mortals know what love is or is not. No one does.

"So many lies in just three words," she said. "And he did not even say 'I love you.' "

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community