Riven by Sever Bronny

2/16/2018


Image result for Riven by Sever Bronny

PLOT:

 

Augum, Bridget and Leera want only to study new spells and make their legendary mentor proud. But when she unexpectedly departs on a crucial quest, they run afoul of a devious old witch and are forced to make a hasty getaway-straight into the hands of a notorious maniac known as the Blade of Sorrows. Prisoners of the Blade and his sadistic apprentice, the trio must face their greatest challenge yet: escape using nothing but an ancient spell with some nasty side effects. But more than their lives are at stake, for an entire kingdom's hopes rest with their mentor-and she's heading for a deadly trap.

 

THOUGHTS:

 

I've thought long and hard on how to write a review of this book. It took me quite a long time to finish it as I was very distracted. It took me months and months on picking it up, putting it down and back again. It's not the book, I think it was the timing. There was a lot of things going on at that time and then the holidays, but finally I finished it on January.

 

First off, I forgot how long the Arinthian books were. As much as I enjoyed the first book, I don't think that I did on this one. Again, I don't think it's the book. I think it was just me being distracted and all. I'll probably read it again to really get down to it. One of these days I swear.

 

Lots of new characters were being introduced on this book and at times it was a little bit off putting, but definitely there were memorable ones, like Thomas and Oba Sassone. I cried over Thomas! TT_TT

 

Mrs. Stone sure was busy on this book. Always going somewhere and when she didn't show up for a long time, yup, that was worrisome. I couldn't handle it if something happened to her as well! She and Thomas are definitely couple goals.

 

The pacing of the story felt a little slow for me. Too much chatting was going on between the heroes. I get bored by their topics. Haha! I hate that they were diminished to a trio. But they were stronger because of it and character development thus ensued. Augum was definitely the most improved.

 

I still like the book, though I don't think I'll be picking up the third book anytime soon.

 

Rating:

★★★☆☆


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community