Wildcard by Marie Lu

11/16/2018



Plot:
Emika Chen barely made it out of the Warcross Championships alive. Now that she knows the truth behind Hideo's new NeuroLink algorithm, she can no longer trust the one person she's always looked up to, who she once thought was on her side.

Determined to put a stop to Hideo's grim plans, Emika and the Phoenix Riders band together, only to find a new threat lurking on the neon-lit streets of Tokyo. Someone's put a bounty on Emika's head, and her sole chance for survival lies with Zero and the Blackcoats, his ruthless crew. But Emika soon learns that Zero isn't all that he seems—and his protection comes at a price.

Caught in a web of betrayal, with the future of free will at risk, just how far will Emika go to take down the man she loves?

Thoughts:

The first book ended with me frustrated and upset of Hideo's actions. The frustration and upset remains with me as I venture on to the first part of the story. Hideo is being fool-hardy and Emika tries to persuade him to do the right thing but he just won't see reason. He is absolute.

Tsk. Hideo feels like my firstborn. I had all this hopes and aspirations for him and I take of his high achievements but then he messes everything up with his selfishness and folly. *SMH

Emika tries hard to let go of Hideo, but what can you do? It's love. LOL. Funny thing though there was never any mention of deep feelings and desires for the one to be with the other. I like that you just felt it between the two characters and that the story need not tell it literally.

The first book's plot twist reigns over this book's. With Taylor's character being revealed before the Warcross closing ceremony, it was rather anti-climactic. Obviously she's the baddie and her reason for getting control over the NeuroLink can mean nothing but bad news.

It was a great duology. I really enjoyed reading this series. I am satisfied with the ending and I'm happy that Hideo and Emika are taking it slow. Hahahaha

Quotes:
"You are forever a piece of my story. I couldn't turn my back on you without turning my back on myself. I had to try... I had to hold out my hand to you."

"I've been afraid ever since I met you, when you looked me straight in the eye and broke down my system in a matter of minutes... I'm afraid that every time I see you might be the last."

Rating:
★★★☆☆



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community