Book Review - Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare

4/01/2019

Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare

Plot:

WHAT IF DAMNATION IS THE PRICE OF TRUE LOVE?
Innocent blood has been spilled on the steps of the Council Hall, the sacred stronghold of the Shadowhunters. In the wake of the tragic death of Livia Blackthorn, the Clave teeters on the brink of civil war. One fragment of the Blackthorn family flees to Los Angeles, seeking to discover the source of the disease that is destroying the race of warlocks. Meanwhile, Julian and Emma take desperate measures to put their forbidden love aside and undertake a perilous mission to Faerie to retrieve the Black Volume of the Dead. What they find in the Courts is a secret that may tear the Shadow World asunder and open a dark path into a future they could never have imagined. Caught in a race against time, Emma and Julian must save the world of Shadowhunters before the deadly power of the parabatai curse destroys them and everyone they love.


Thoughts:

As I was reading, I still couldn't believe it was the last part of the series. Three books just flew by so fast! I know that there are more series coming from the Shadowhunter universe... let me cope in my own way okay. 😭

This book definitely took me forever to finish!! It's so freakiiiin' looooong! But I really loved every part of it. There were chill parts and there were intense ones and I wouldn't want them any other way. Wait, this book could have been two books right? What do you guys think? 🤔

The story picked off from where it left off in Lord of Shadows. So of course we start the story brokenhearted. 💔 Livvy is really gone. Deym. And Robert Lightwood. Ugh, not his biggest fan but it hurt me that the Lightwoods were hurt yet again. Everyone was just so broken at the beginning of the story. I didn't know what to do with myself.

Was the ending good? Yes and no. I love the epic fight. I always do in all of Cassy Clare's books. How Julian and Emma end up was sort of convenient. Since it was the end of the series an explanation should have been in order. I don't like that I have to wait for, who knows how long, for an explanation on what happened to them, or worse there won't be one.

Related image

Emma was so good in this book, she really showed why she was called one of the greatest shadowhunter that lived. She remained resolute even when Julian had lost his common sense.

Julian was the worst. Yeah he's hurting but I know him to be stronger than that. It was such an off thing to do for his character. With all things considered, he would always put his siblings first before his goddamn pain. he'd fight on because he was a Blackthorn and he was a great shadowhunter. That's how I know him.

Bad call on Magnus' part too. I just can't believe he would allow it. For such an old warlock, he made such a noobie mistake. It was out of character, and done for the sake of plot lines.

Kieran, Mark and Crisitna - they were my salvation! When everything downhill for all the other characters I look to them for inspiration and happiness.

I don't know who was the greater mess, Ty or Julian. Ty is Ty. His reaction was so unlikely that it was so Ty-like indeed. He didn't allow himself to grieve yet because he was so sure that Livia will be with him again. And I want to knock Kit down. What the hell. It was his opportunity to protect Ty, but he failed miserably.

Dru is another saving grace in this book. She was being bratty in the beginning, but she had every right to be. She's the most unappreciated sibling and she could have been so much more. Many things could have been written for her but no, she was always kept in the shadow.

The other Blackthorn siblings were just there for decoration. LOL just kidding. All of them deserved a happy ending and I'm happy that all of them got together in the end. I was afraid they'd be like the Stark kids from GoT. 😥

Quotes:

“Sympathy is common. Knowing the exact shape of the hole someone’s loss leaves in your heart is rare.” 
“As long as you exist and I exist, I will love you.” 

 Rating:
5 stars

Read my other reviews for Lord of Shadows.
I think I forgot to write about Lady Midnight review? 😑
 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community