Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

7/10/2017

book_cover_03.png

Plot:

Madeline Whittier is allergic to the outside world. So allergic, in fact, that she has never left the house in all of her seventeen years. She is content enough—until a boy with eyes the color of the Atlantic Ocean moves in next door. Their complicated romance begins over IM and grows through a wunderkammer of vignettes, illustrations, charts, and more.

Everything, Everything is about the thrill and heartbreak that happens when we break out of our shell to do crazy, sometimes death-defying things for love.

Thoughts:
I was hesitant in reading this book upon finding out the girl in the book was sick. We all know what happened in TFIOS. And I don't think I'm ready for that again. Well actually I'm never ready for anything that would destroy my tear ducts. Haha!

But I did read it and wow it was great! I was so glad because the warmth it gave my heart, yeah, I needed that. I'm a sucker for many things, but most especially for first loves. Oh to be young, indeed.

And the most awfullest plot twist of all, was that Maddy was never sick at all. Her mom was -in the head. I can understand if the other readers felt anger towards the mom as Maddy was. But see, I'm a mom and I can't help but also sympathize with the mom. I totally understood her actions but I do understand that it was, however you may look at it, wrong. I wished in the end she redeemed herself but she was really just a mess. Now she has to live with herself, for all that she did... alone.

I'd like to think that everyone of the characters had a happy ending, but alas, in reality not everyone gets or deserves to have theirs.

The book's been cropping out everywhere, though it was published a few years back, is because it's a movie! I was in the middle of reading it when I saw the trailer. Thank goodness it wasn't too spoilery.

Rating:
4 stars

Quotes:
I've read many, many books involving heartache. Not one has ever described it as little. Soul-shattering and world-destroying, yes. Little, no.

"Go!" She slaps my knee. "You have enough things to be afraid of. Love can't kill you."

"Everyone thinks they're special," he says. "Everyone's a snowflake, right? We're all unique and complicated. We can never know the human heart, and all that?"

Maybe we can't predict everything, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly.
It's almost certainly going to be a disaster.

This is why people touch. Sometimes words are just not enough.

her words make me aware that the heart in my chest is a muscle like any other. It can hurt.

I am made. I am unmade.

We can have immortality or the memory of touch. But we can't have both.

But anything can happen at any time. Safety is not everything. There's more to life than being alive.

Love is worth everything. Everything.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Asian Book Blogger

Asian Book Bloggers Directory (shutupshealea.com)

the printed word

Read the Printed Word!

book blogger directory

Parajunkee Design

blogs ng pinoy

BLOGS NG PINOY

book blogger list

book blogging community

Book Blogging Community